Add me on Facebook: “Karina Onofre for CA State Assembly 2014 ” https://www.facebook.com/karinaonofreforassembly
I encourage all of you to Please Contact me: Karina@karinaonofre.com or Call me: (714) 696-9463 with your ideas, concerns, and questions.
Mike Dalati and Karina Onofre with “OC Latino Outreach,” will be helping “OFFICIAL NO ONE LEFT BEHIND” organization hand out boxes of food filled with cereal, grains, fresh fruits, canned goods, and more to 1,000 local families in the City of Santa Ana!!!! The boxes are free but the organization is accepting $1 donation per box. With so many horrific things going on all over the world, it’s easy to forget the unfortunate things that are taking place right in our own backyard.. http://www.officialnooneleftbehind.org/About_Us.html
How is poverty even an issue in opulent Orange County??? This is a normal question somebody would ask, especially if he or she lives along the coast or away from the heart of the county. The fact of the matter is that reality is truly “A Tale of Two Counties” like 89.3 FM KPPC and Anaheim Mayor, Tom Tait, reported, where we have about half of Orange County students living with families whose household annual income is below $40,000 for a family of four. In the City of Santa Ana, the county seat and beating heart of OC, 20% of its residents are below the poverty level of $22,000 a year for a family of four! It’s really sad and sickening to understand. But it is a fact, and these families could use some help -to make their lives a bit easier, and help make the children’s lives better -as many are struggling with their education since not having proper nutrition affects them.
Our second immigration seminar in Santa Ana had a disappointingly low turn-out in comparison to our last seminar on Education with Senator Bob Huff, and we speculate it was for three reasons:
Again, people continue to fear that attending a seminar on Immigration with the Republican party can mean “deportation” -even an ambulent guy, sitting outside the venue got excited about the event, but when he understood the topic was on “Immigration” he ran away! The second reason why we believe the turn-out may have been so low, despite our confirmed RSVP’s from all the telemarketting and door-to-door invitations we have made, was because the US vs. Honduras Soccer Game was Yesterday at 6PM -and we all know, or should know, just how IMPORTANT Soccer is to the Latino community Worldwide. If you don’t know, it’s like Football to the gringos! Lastly, the third reason why the turn-out wasn’t as great was because we are now holding the seminars at the main office, four doors down from the original location, since the opportunity cost to keep the original office exclusively for our seminars was no longer financially feasible. The rents on Main St are competitive and missing out on this money to pay the mortgage became more important than waiting on the Republican party of OC to decided if they were interested in opening the needed Latino Headquarters (at a discount) in Santa Ana.
That said, we did have great speakers come out and a professional videographer and previous Santa Ana Mayoral Candidate, George Collins, come out and recorded the enitre event -thanks George!!! We want to make sure to thank the following speakers for coming out in support of the Latino community in Santa Ana:
- Javier Pineda -Immigration lawyer from the city of Santa Ana who spoke on the Dream Act, the fact that it really does not mean anything else than just a two year “deffered action.” He also warned about paying anyone anything for “starting the process” on the current Immigration Reform -as such has not passed, and handling money for that purpose is unethical on the lawyer’s end and irresponsible on the client’s.
- Evangelina Beltran -Retired Immigration Officer and Immigration Consultant, who gave her opinion on the current immigration reform, and encouraged people to begin collecting all pertinent legal documents that can prove residency in the U.S. so that if and when an immigration reform is approved, that the people seeking to apply for this new residency can be ready to do so as soon as soon as possible. She also encouraged people to shop around when looking for a lawyer to represent them, because just like a doctor, it is better to ask and go with lawyers that are honest and recommended by many.
- Teresa Hernandez -OC Lincoln Club and Republican Advocate for Immigration Reform, gave a passionate speech on how the Republican Party has historically been in support of immigration reform. She also mentioned that based on insider information she had, she believes that the Dream Act portion of the bill will pass as well as the Agriculture portion granting visas, but wanted to be real with the audience, and as much as she has hoped and single-handedly pushed for support on an immigration reform with Republicans in CA, she felt she had to give us the “bad news” based on what she’s heard about the lack of votes since the two parties in Congress cannot come to an agreement.
- Alfredo Amezcua -Criminal lawyer, former Mayoral Candidate for the City of Santa Ana, and very respected local leader was also present, and he gave words of wisdom on the immigration process, and offered a more optimistic view of the current immigration reform, he said that even though it may appear somber, that he believes the immigration reform is coming because it is long over due and necessary.
- Jose Martinez -District Rep for Assemblyman Mansoor (support)
- Joe Duerr -Professional Photographer and Volunteer (support)
- Maribel Marroquin -Ambassador for Senator Mimi Walters (support)
- Chris Bronstein -OC Lincoln Club leader (support)
- Myself, Karina Onofre -with the honor of representing Senator Bob Huff and his full hearted support on Immigration Reform!!!
A special thanks always goes out to Mike Dalati for providing the venue for us to hold these important community events, as well as to the OC Lincoln Club who continues to sponsor the food and drinks for our seminars!*;’~
IMMIGRATION SEMINAR July 24th at 7pm
You are cordially invited to attend our Immigration Seminar located here at our office, 726 S Main St in Santa Ana -this Wednesday July 24th at 7pm. We will have
representatives who specialize in the topic, informing the audience of the many ways the Immigration Reform will benefit them, as well as explaining details about the Dream Act’s eligibility requirements, Blue/Green Card, and much more!! We will have pizza & drinks sponsored by the Lincoln Club of Orange County! Bring your entire family!
Place:726 S. Main St., Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone: (714) 547-2400
Date: Wednesday July 24, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Seminario sobre la Reforma Imigratoria
Estan cordialmente invitados a venir a nuestro Seminario sobre la Reforma Imigratoria, aqui en nuestra oficina, 726 S Main St en Santa Ana -este Miercoles 24 de Julio a las 6:45 pm. Vamos a tener a representantes de varias agencias de INMIGRACION para hablarle a toda la Familia al tanto de los acontecimientos que ya han pasado, y de lo que podemos hacer para prepararnos. Tendremos pizza y bebidas patrocinadas por el Lincoln Club the Orange County! Traigan a toda la familia!
Lugar:726 S. Main St., Santa Ana, CA 92701
Telefono: (714) 547-2400
Fecha: Miércoles 24 de Julio, 2013a las 6:45p.m.
The Education Seminar with Senate Republican Leader, Bob Huff, was a Total Success!!! We had over 160 people from the oommunity attending, including Santa Ana City Mayor and Engineer, Miguel Pulido, Santa Ana’s Traffic Division Commander, Ruben Ibarra, and other local elected officials, as well as The OC Register’s Assistant Editor & Columnist, Joseph Perkins, and both Bank of America and H&R Block executives to support our efforts!!!
- Desiree Onofre (9 yr old), Heidi Onofre (7 yr old), Ashanti Onofre (5 yr old), and Maya Dalati (8 yr old) led everyone with our Pledge of Allegiance.
- Mike Dalati -Businessman and Santa Ana City Council 2014 Candidate, opened the seminar with a statement of the importance and priceless value of Education -and how he, himself came to this country when he was only 19 yrs old and after getting married, decided life was better with a professional degree, so he took two and a half years off work to get his B.A in Accounting -and today he has his PhD in Accounting, among other licenses, and is an Enrolled Agent, H&R Block Tax instructor, and a Accounting Professor at a local college.
- Karina Onofre -Businesswoman, and OC Latino Outreach Hostess gave a performed a short skit illustrating the typical way Latino families view Education and had the audience laughing in agreement.. then she thanked Senator Huff for being there and introduced Santa Ana City Mayor Miguel Pulido.
- Miguel Pulido -Engineer and Santa Ana City Mayor, gave a short biography on how he is a product of public the school system, how he became an Engineer, and how the workforce needs more Engineers and Doctors and profitable majors. Then, he gave the Grand Welcome to Senator Bob Huff.
- Bob Huff -Senate Republican Leader gave a speech on his life, his humble beginnings, being the product of two great teachers.. He mentioned how in the beginning, he really didn’t enjoy school until his 4th grade teacher completely transformed his life! He said he had his father for 7th and 8th grade, and although he never told him, he was one of the Best and Most Passionate Teachers he ever had! He also mentioned statistics on Latinos and Education, and inspired the audience, composed mostly of young high schoolers, to continue moving forward with their education, and that choosing a major that paid off was he would recommend. He also mentioned how in high school, he told his counselor that he wanted to become a teacher, and when the counselor saw his impressive grades, he recommended something “Bobby” go into Medical or Engineering School -and that is why he instead opted to become a Politician! (Karina Onofre enjoyed interpreting everything he said into Spanish)
- Anna Bryson -San Juan Capistrano Schoolboard Trustee and Clerk, thanked the audience for being there, and also offered moral support and encouragement to all
- Ceci Iglesias -Santa Ana School Board member, could barely walk through the large audience to get to the front, but once there, she applauded the support of those present and continued to encourage their educational efforts.
- Chris V. Pham -Garden Grove City Council member also applauded the audience and told them they were an inspiration for him to continue to work for the public sector and made himself available in any possible way to continue to support them.
- Jose Martinez -District Representative for Assemblyman Allan Mansoor (support)
- Maribel Marroquin -Ambassador for Senator Mimi Walters (support)
- Ruben Ibarra -Santa Ana Traffic Division Commander (support)
- Della Mahone -Project Management Institute Director (support)
- Richard Knudson -MA, PPS Achievement Counselor at Professional Tutors of America
- Orlando Acosta -Bank of America Manager and also provided “goodie bags” for audience
- Sandra Veronica Perez -H&R Block Office Manager (support)
- Rosa E. Bacilio -H&R Block Tax Specialist (support)
- Christein Bronstein -OC Lincoln Club (supporter)
- Dr. Ron Smith -OC Lincoln Club (supporter)
- Joseph Perkins -OC Register Assistant Editor and Columnist (support)
A very Special Special Thanks to the Godinez High School cheerleading squad for giving Senator Bob Huff an amazing Half Time cheer, ending our AWESOME Seminar with golden Pom Poms!!! You Girls and Gentlemen ROCK!!!*;’~